As I’ve pointed out previously, children engage in many forms of makeshift entertainment:
- Riding the escalator
- Making a display rack into a road
- Taking 100s of pictures of the table
- Throwing a ball of string like it’s a baseball
But let me ask you this,
What could possibly be more entertaining for a toddler than peeing on the floor directly beside the potty?
It’s like watching a movie where you can see the killer lurking around the corner and you know he’s going to strike down the main character at any second… then he whips it out and pees on his feet instead…
…Or something like that. Pure hilarity.
By no means do I expect my 2 year old to be able to use the potty at this point, but I do find it interesting that he consistently pees directly in front of the potty. If only there was a device to solve this issue.
I must admit, from his perspective the whole situation must be quite fun:
- He is diaper-free
- He gets to make a fountain (like at the local splash pad)
- He gets a reaction out of his parents
- If he is quick enough he gets to jump in a puddle
- He evokes the power of sweet irony by strategically peeing so close to the potty
- I read him a story after I’ve mopped up called “Once Upon A Potty” and talk about how missing the potty is a common mistake when starting out. Yay! Story time!
Seriously, what could be more fun?! It makes ME think twice about hitting the target when I go.
——————————————————————————————-Anyone else have a toddler who enjoys peeing on the floor? What did it take to get your toddler to hit the target?